If I’m honest, at the beginning of 2017, I had no idea what I was doing with my life. I had just moved to North Carolina with my immediate family. I felt like everything was changing, but I was excited all at the same time because I understand that change is not always a bad thing; it can be a very good thing and exactly what a lot of us need. However, having to “start over” and meet new people was a little intimidating, but after a while, I started to adapt. I found a job right away, met new people, and even made a few new friends.
Fast forward to now, I’m back in Georgia, and my life has taken another 360 turn – all for the better. For the first time in a long time, I’m truly happy. I found an even better job. I’ve met some of the most amazing people. I’ve even gained a couple great opportunities that wouldn’t be possible without faith and willingness to accept change. Honestly, I couldn’t have ended my 2017 on a better note. I would have never guessed that it would end the way that it did. For that, I’m truly grateful.
As we begin a new year, I’m ecstatic to see where 2018 will take me. I’ve reached some amazing milestones in my life, but I know there is much more to accomplish. This year, I’m taking advantage of my time on this earth, and I’m making a promise to myself to live every moment to the fullest.
Today, I thought I would share with you how I plan to make 2018 the best year yet. Here are my top 5 goals for the year:
- To become an entrepreneur: This year I was able to see how huge entrepreneurship is and how common its become. I’ve done extensive research on how to invest in myself both on and offline. Now that I feel like I have a better understanding of what entrepreneurship is and how it works, I feel like 2018 is the perfect time to conquer this goal. 2017 taught me that the world is full of endless possibilities – all we have to do is take advantage of them, and that’s exactly what I plan to do.
- To go back to school: While entrepreneurship is amazing and has a lot of upsides, having the best possible education is still of utmost priority for me. I truly believe that you can never be too smart; there’s a whole world out there filled with new things to learn, and one thing people can never take away from you (no matter how hard they try) is your education. As long as I live, I plan to learn as much as I can. 2018, I’m making it my mission to go back to school and achieve my masters. I can’t wait to see where this journey will take me.
- To travel more: It’s a big world out there, and I haven’t seen even a third of it. This year I really want to explore and go on more trips with my family and friends. A part of learning is experiencing. I plan to experience new places this year, and in doing so, I hope to meet new people and learn new things that will not only be memorable but also life-changing.
- To save money: Those who truly know me know that saving money is not one of my strong suits. I’m making a conscious effort to change that this year (so that I can go on nice trips). My dad always preach to me how important it is to start preparing for my future and building a life of my own. As much as I dread his preaching sometimes, he’s exactly right. It’s a must that I start thinking long-term and not just in the moment. I’m taking your advice, dad. I hope you’re proud 🙂
- To be more social: This particular goal is something I’ve struggled with for a long time. I never really took advantage of my opportunities to meet new people. I’ve always been in a bubble and only associated with few people. While I do believe that it’s okay to be selective about who you choose to be in your circle, I don’t believe it’s okay to be so closed off. As human beings, we need companions, which is why this year I’m stepping out of my comfort zone, and I’m making an effort to meet new people and to be more social.
And there you have it, my top 5 goals for 2018 🙂
What are your goals for this year? I’m encouraging you to share them with me. I want to hear them!
I’m wishing you all a happy and successful 2018.