A Day in My Life | Working From Home

Today I’m giving you guys a glimpse into my every day life and discussing what it’s like to work from home.

Keep in mind this is what my life is like during the work week. Weekends and days off are more eventful.

Here goes:

Waking up

If I’m honest, due to the fact that I work from home, I typically wake up 10 minutes before my shift starts.

I was recently promoted, so right now I’m training for my new position. My training schedule is 10-7pm eastern time. After training, I will return to my regular 8-5pm schedule.

I’m enjoying waking up at 9:50 instead of 7:50. Lol.

Getting ready for work

Working from home is so easy because I literally roll right out of bed. I love that I don’t have to put on clothes. I spend the work day in my favorite cat rob or my pjs.

I do brush my teeth and wash my face of course.

Working from home

I’ve been working from home as a technical support advisor since August 2018.

Welcome to my “work station” lol.

This is where I spend my entire shift except for when I’m on break or lunch.

I haven’t purchased a desk yet. I’ve been using my nightstand. I’ll eventually get a desk, but for now, this works just fine.

It’s breakfast time!

Because I wake up 10 minutes before my shift, I don’t have enough time to eat breakfast. I typically eat during my first break.

I have two breaks during my regular shift – one before and after lunch. Breaks are 15 minutes – so not a lot of time to eat big meals.

I’ll either have cereal, 3-4 boiled eggs, or those mini pancakes (the ones you pop in the microwave) with a side of bacon. Those are my go-to breakfast options.

This morning, I decided to have a bowl of Very Berry Cheerios.

After breakfast, it’s back to work until lunch.

SN: Training is so much fun. I learn a lot, and it’s very laidback. My job in general is pretty cool and laidback.

After a couple of hours, it’s finally lunch time 🙂

Today I’m having leftover spaghetti. It looks a little dry in the picture, but I promise it’s good. The white stuff is parmesan cheese.

Usually my lunch is 30 minutes, but during training, it’s an hour. Definitely going to miss the hour lunches when I return to my regular schedule.

After I’m done eating, I like to talk to my mom and little brother for a few minutes and get on social media. You know, the usual. Then it’s back to work until my next break.

Break time!

I got to talk to my boyfriend for a few minutes. It’s been hard for us to see each other with our current schedules, but we always make it work.

That’s a wrap

That’s pretty much my day in a nutshell. After break, I get back to work until 7pm. Then, I eat dinner and spend the rest of the night hanging out with my family or my boyfriend or working on my blog.

Today was a long day. I’m pretty pooped. I’m going to shower and get ready for bed a bit early tonight. I’ll mostly likely fall asleep watching YouTube like I pretty much do every night. Lol.

And… there you have it. We’ve come to the end of my work day. Thanks for spending it with me. I hope you guys enjoyed seeing how I spend a normal work day at home.

Goodnight  🙂

If you like posts like these, comment below for the weekend edition.



One thought on “A Day in My Life | Working From Home

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s