I wanted to write this post because there are some people out there who believe that Valentine’s Day is a day for couples only. I’m here to tell you that’s not true. In fact, it’s a day for everyone. Valentine’s Day is a celebration of love, which comes in many forms – love for friends, family, your significant other, and most importantly, love for yourself. So, why not spend the day treating and loving yourself if you’re single? After all, loving ourselves is something we should all be doing every day (whether we’re single or not) ❤️
All that being said, today I’m sharing different ways you can show yourself and/or your single girlfriends some extra love this Valentine’s Day.
1. Treat yourself to a massage or mani and pedi. Even get your hair done if you want to. Have a full on pamper day all about self care and self love. When you look good, you feel good.
2. Host a singles only dinner or party and invite all your single girlfriends. You could even make cute goodie bags to pass out to everyone. It’s a sweet way to celebrate each other. I’m all about women empowerment.
3. Cook yourself a nice meal and watch your favorite chick flicks. Clueless, Legally Blonde 1 & 2, Bridesmaids, Mean Girls, Crossroads, and Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion are just a few of my favorites. They’ll definitely put you in a good mood.
4. Go on a date with your best friend and try something new. My 25 Unique Date Night Ideas was written for couples but will surely give you and your best friend some ideas, too.
5. Dress up and slay the gram! I’m talking the whole 9 yards. Do your hair and makeup and put on a bomb outfit. Even if I’m not going anywhere, sometimes dressing up and slaying the gram makes me feel good. After you’re done slaying and posting pictures, have yourself a cute little party right at home with food and wine (or whatever makes you happy).
6. Be productive, especially if you find yourself feeling sad or lonely. Go to the gym, get chores done, run errands – whatever you need to do to occupy your time. Whatever you do, don’t sit around feeling sorry for yourself.
I hope these ideas give my single ladies out there some inspiration.
Leave a comment below, and let me know how you’ll be spending Valentine’s Day! Much love.